Saturday, November 17, 2012

OpenSUSE vs Debian....

This blog is a little bit different from my previous blog. I'd like to add some personal features here, not only write about PCs and OSes...

Anyway, now I am using  OpenSUSE but today I was talking with a computer engineer using OpenSUSE at home (in fact, he convinced me to try OpenSUSE again). He mentioned that at work a lot of people are switching to Debian stable. Why? Debian is more Linux-like, it is similar to what those guys learned in the past, during the studies and first steps in administrating Unix-like systems. OpenSUSE tries to implement some features which are unique to SUSE branches, including SLED, which are not liked by engineers...

Debian, hmm, my first non-MS system anyway :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use English if possible.